When you start the day with an appreciative mind-set, it sets you up for some great experiences all day long. Here are five things that can help you feel more appreciative and get your day off to a great start:
1) Appreciate the start of a new day. No matter what happened yesterday, today is a brand new day! You can start fresh today and create any kind of experiences you want. Allow that knowledge to sink into your consciousness and feel glad about this upcoming day; it’s like a blank canvas that you can paint with any colors and images you like!
2) Breathing feels so good. Take a few slow, deep breaths and enjoy the sensation of flooding your body with oxygen. Notice how deep breathing seems to clear your mind, relax your muscles and fill you with vitality. Breath is life! Breathe deeply and feel appreciation for being alive, right here, right now.
3) S – T – R – E – T – C – H Indulge in a slow, luxurious stretch from head to toe. Push your arms up over your head and reach as far as you can, feeling your shoulder muscles and arm muscles release tension. Stretch your legs down as far as you can, flexing your toes and letting tension flow out of your lower body. As you stretch up with your arms and down with your legs, feel your entire torso lengthening and loosening. Appreciate the flexibility and resiliency of your body. Wow that feels good!
4) Appreciate what is. Even though you probably have situations and conditions in your life that you don’t appreciate, you definitely have SOME that you can appreciate. If your business is going well, appreciate that. If you enjoy good health, appreciate that. If you have day off to relax and enjoy yourself, appreciate that! Pick at least one thing about your life the way it is right now and spend a few moments feeling appreciative about it.
5) Appreciate what is to come. Even though the displeasing situations in your life may seem very solid and unchangeable, they are anything but! With the tiniest shift in attitude you can change everything in amazing and wonderful ways. Rather than buying into the illusion of “stuckness” spend a few minutes affirming and appreciating that many more wonderful experiences are coming your way in the near future. Affirm that challenges will fall away, abundance will flow, and joy will begin to color every aspect of your life.
Feels good to appreciate, doesn’t it?
Today’s Positive Affirmation:
Today I will look for things to appreciate wherever I go.